Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Old and new and old

This is my great grand mother Victoria Buenaventura d'Avila d'Gil, painted, in the mid 1990's, from her wedding photo to David Newton Snider, in the mid 1890's. It is painted on masonite with acrylics.
Above is Coco, my sister's six month old Papillon, on a walk around Redondo with me, without her leash.
Below, she is leashed, walking along the Huntington Dog Beach with my sister on a particulary beautiful Sunday in August.

Both paintings are acrylic on canvas.

Below is a watercolor of the house across the ravine in Martos, beyond the church of San Amador, where an old man sat at all hours of the day, by the side of the road that lead off to through the olives to Torredonmolinos and Jaen.

Below is a watercolor of The Alhambra at Granada taken from a drawing in my sketch book.


Here are two Moorish towers at Martos.



This is an imagined view of Italy, done in 2001 after a trip there, and done after looking at paintings by George Innes.

The two below are acrylic on masonite, both painted in 1994.

The first is a dream. My grandmother is looking at photographs with my mother and sisters on the porch of my grandmother's imaginary house in Springville. The little dog, you can just make her out, is Masumi, a lhasa apso.

This one is of a fire in Springville, or anywhere in California really. There is a man on the deck of the house in the foreground, trying to save it, spraying water on the roof with a hose.

All these paintings are from my sister's collection. The photos of them were taken with a Motorola razr camera phone. Yep, there are some focus, glare and sizing problems.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home