Sunday, September 03, 2006

Tomatoes & etc


Last night I went to Ann and Dean's for dinner.
Moen: Norway, Pichoto: Italy.
They have a lush vegetable garden, the best cherry tomatoes ever, grean beans, snap peas, herbs, figs, the works. Cans of tomatoes are stacked in the kitchen by the stove. Dean cooked pasta, then scallops in his fish sauce with sauteed leeks, while Ann and I looked at her video of the club. Their friend Rob was there, he and his family are just back from Italy, so tomatoes were a sub-plot to the music of the evening.
Someone, Dean I think, couldn't remember who sang 'Duke of Earl', nor could the rest of us, so we YouTubed it.
Dean and Ann have a six panel river painting hanging over the piano and the mirror in their living room. I photographed it, that's me up there with my fonecam in the mirror.

Ann made the beautiful bowl in the picture above. I thought about stealing it. The cherry tomatoes are the sweetest I can remember, but the bowl will last longer with normal care.

I love having a camera in my telephone but the image doesn't really convey the sweetness of the fruit... how could it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home