Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Hail Mary 1963





This is a collage of watercolor, ink, paper and glue. It was made in highschool in 1963 and it won a prize. We were living in San Gabriel. I spent a lot of time in the shower or in front of the mirror, or walking to and from school where I spent all my time in the library, or in art class, or, at home, in front of the TV watching 'The Twilight Zone' and 'Rawhide', and the assassination of John F. Kennedy.
I'd been looking at the paintings of Claude Lorraine: the classical landscape.
'Seaport with the Embarkation of the Queen of Sheeba'... then Turner of course...I loved all that brilliant light, vast expanse and story telling...'Dido building Carthage'.

I loved all that brilliant light and story telling.
We lived at 916 Arcadia Street.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home